List of Email Recipients:
Project Sponsors for the 2017-2018 BTPP
FERC Order 1000 Monitor for FRCC
Florida Public Service Commission staff
Subject: Reminder Notice - PC Seeking Comments for 2017-2018 BTPP Lessons Learned Initiative
The objective of the FRCC Regional Transmission Planning Process (“RTPP”) is to ensure coordination of the transmission planning activities within the FRCC Region in order to provide for the development of a reliable, cost effective and efficient transmission network in the FRCC Region. The entire RTPP is available on the FRCC’s website at:
Request for Written Comments and Feedback:
The PC is requesting written feedback from PC members, stakeholders and other interested parties on the 2017-2018 FRCC BTPP cycle for use in a “lessons learned” forum. Please identify any process improvement opportunities or other clarifying suggestions for consideration by the PC so that they may be incorporated into a process improvement initiative that is being developed at the request of the FRCC Board. We have extended the deadline to submit written comments to email@example.com to April 13, 2018.
For your convenience and reference, the PC report from the previous Lessons Learned effort for the 2015-2016 BTPP cycle is available at:
While all comments will be considered, we are seeking some directed feedback on the following topics:
- Proactive Planning process (BTPP Section 7.2.1)
- Please provide feedback on whether and how the ten-year site plans of all entities that are filed in April of the odd number BTPP year should be considered.
- Step 1 (Review of CEERTS Project Submittals)
- Please provide feedback on whether, and how, to address changes in the Regional Transmission Plan during the BTPP cycle
- Please provide feedback on the threshold criteria for CEERTS projects
- Please provide feedback on “displaceability” and “local area” vs. “regional” projects in the Regional Transmission Plan.
- Please provide feedback on how “regional needs” are defined.
- Step 3 (technical analysis)
- Please provide feedback on the process and consultant selected to perform the Step 3 analysis (technical simulation work and report drafting).
- Please provide feedback on potentially improving the consultant selection process
- Please provide feedback on the process by which a consultant is provided analysis background information while maintaining the consultant’s “independence.”
- Please provide feedback on the process by which an independent consultant determines whether CEERTS projects are “equal to or superior to” avoided projects in the Regional Transmission Plan or identifies the regional plan projects that “would be affected or avoided” by proposed CEERTS projects.
- Regional Transmission Plan changes
- Please provide feedback on whether and how to handle changes in the Regional Transmission Plan during the BTPP cycle.
- Treatment of project cost information.
- Please provide feedback on how relevant project (CEERTS and potentially avoided/affected) cost information is to be treated in the BTPP analysis during Steps 3 and 4.
- Overall communication, openness, and transparency of the process.
And again, please submit written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018